Amazon Photos Unlimited Photo Storage Free With Prime: Prime Video Direct Video Distribution Made Easy: Shopbop Designer Fashion Brands: Amazon Warehouse Great Deals on Quality Used Products: Whole Foods Market America’s Healthiest Grocery Store: Woot! Deals and Shenanigans: Zappos Shoes & Clothing: Ring Smart Home Security Systems eero.
Amazon Prime Rented Movie Won't Play
- 99 to rent From $9.99 to buy Or $0.00 with a Prime membership Starring: Aden Young, Camille Sullivan, Julia Sarah Stone, et al.
- You can rent movies and shows on Amazon Prime even if you aren't a subscriber — all you need is an ordinary Amazon account.
- Find the movie or TV show you want to rent on the Prime Video web site or app and select the display quality, such as SD or HD.
- You have 30 days to start watching, but as soon as you do, you have unlimited access to the video for 48 hours.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
While Amazon Prime members get exclusive access to a library of free TV shows and movies, anyone with an Amazon account can rent videos on Prime Video using the website, mobile app, or any Prime Video TV app.
Amazon Prime Rent Books
When you rent something on Prime Video, you have up to 30 days to start watching it. Once you click play for the first time, you have unlimited access for 48 hours to pause and resume playback or to watch it as many times you like, as long as you do it within the two-day rental window.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Amazon Prime Video ($8.99 from Amazon)
TCL 65' 6 Series 4K TV ($799.99 from Amazon)
How to rent videos on Amazon Prime Video
The process to rent a video is the same whether you're using the web site, a mobile app, or the Prime Video app on a smart TV or streaming device. And no matter where you rent it, you can watch the video on any device.
1. Start by opening the Prime Video website and logging in or starting the Prime Video app on the device of your choice.
2. Find the show or movie you want to watch. You can browse Prime Video's categories or use the search tool to find videos by name, genre, actor, or director.
3. On the video's details page, choose the display quality you want to rent. You can sometimes select 'More purchase options' to see additional choices, which might include standard definition (SD), high definition (HD), and 4K UHD. Higher quality rentals usually cost a little more.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Select the display quality you want to rent. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
4. If you've enabled a Prime Video PIN, you need to enter your PIN to complete the purchase and confirm you want to rent the video.
As soon as you choose a video, it's rented and available for immediate viewing.
Two ways to start watching a video you've rented
- Choose 'Watch Now.'
- Click 'My Stuff' and find the movie in the list of videos you have purchased or rented. On some smart TVs and streaming media players, this might be called 'Purchases and Rentals.'
How to cancel a mistaken rental on Amazon Prime Video
If you select a video for rental by accident, you have a few minutes to undo the purchase. Immediately after choosing to rent the video, click 'Cancel Purchase.' You'll be immediately refunded the cost of the rental.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider You have a few minutes to undo an accidental rental. Dave Johnson/Business Insider