Microsoft Teams Rooms Premium is a new “real-time management service” that costs $50/device per month and lets Microsoft handle meeting room operations for companies using Microsoft Teams. Microsoft is looking to make the management of Microsoft Teams Rooms devices hassle-free with two new subscription services, Microsoft Teams Rooms Standard and Microsoft Teams Rooms Premium. Microsoft Teams Rooms is a dedicated hardware and software solution for video conferencing and was previously called Skype Rooms.
Microsoft has launched and branded its Microsoft Teams Rooms remote service Microsoft Teams Rooms Premium. This is what you might have heard of in preview as Managed Meeting Rooms Service.
In addition, they have now branded what was previously just Microsoft Teams Rooms licence as Microsoft Teams Rooms standard.
Microsoft Teams Rooms Standard – list price $15 per month
Microsoft Teams Rooms standard (previously “Meeting Room SKU”) includes all the relevant licences needed to run a Microsoft Teams Room:
- Microsoft Teams
- Skype for Business Online Plan 2
- Phone System (the right for the device to be a phone, still requires a calling plan or Direct Routing for phone number and service)
- Microsoft (PSTN) Audio Conferencing (where available)
- Microsoft Intune – for device management)
Room Systems can be managed in the Teams Admin Center. Indeed, Microsoft has just added a lot of functionality to manage IP Phones, Collab bars and Microsoft Teams Rooms, my friend Graham Walsh has a great overview of the new additions: Microsoft Teams Admin Center for MTRs
There is no proactive monitoring, alerting or Microsoft service wrap.
Microsoft Teams Room Premium – list price $50 per month on top of standard
Microsoft Teams Rooms premium is an additional uplift on top of standard to a remote proactive Microsoft managed service.
Here’s an overview of the capabilities of the Microsoft Teams Rooms Premium service.
24/7 Intelligent operations
Around-the-clock software and machine learning to automate updates, detect and manage incidents, and scale rooms efficiently.
- Real-time monitoring to quickly detect and troubleshoot issues
- Automated update management saves you time and resources
- Real-time alerts to notify you where and how to act
- Proactive remediation resolves certain incidents on your behalf
A team of experts provide 24×7 service operations, tiered support, and incident resolution assistance.
- Incident diagnosis with prescriptive guidance on cause and actions required
- Automated and support engineer assistance on troubleshooting
- Single point escalation support for all hardware vendors
- Integration with ServiceNow
Benefit from rich analytics, reporting, and proven learnings at scale across many customers.
- Proven learnings at scale that continually improve the operational experience
- Reports and dashboards on daily operations and room performance including inventory, room health, and room reliability
- Insights and recommendations on room usage and incident trend history
- Full transparency on all operations taken on your behalf, and alerts that need your attention using the dedicated admin portal
It includes access to an exclusive premium portal for managing rooms and engaging with Microsoft on support issues
It is all remote with no “hands-on”. Though partners can engage to do additional hands-on service wraps. Partners including AVI-SPL, Datavision, NTT, UnifiedCommunications.com, and Yorktel—plan to integrated Microsoft Teams Rooms Premium as part of their service.
Microsoft Teams Rooms
Here is a 3-minute overview of the service: https://aka.ms/mmrdemo
Microsoft Teams Rooms Premium is available in the following countries and regions
- Canada (excluding Quebec)
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
Docs for Microsoft Teams Rooms Premium here
Microsoft Teams Premium Price