Microsoft Teams, worldwide market leader for Unified Comunication as a Service (UCaaS) system, with the Direct Routing feature enables its customers to make external phone calls to PSTN network via a certified Session Border Controller (SBC). Italtel supports Direct Routing with its Session Border Controller (SBC) NetMatch-S.
- Teams Sbc Azure
- Sbcnews.co.ukSBC Strengthens Team With Four New Appointments2 Weeks Ago
- Ribbon Communications
- Security for Deploying Microsoft Teams. Microsoft certifies Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controllers (E-SBCs) for integration with Microsoft Teams. Oracle’s E-SBC has also been certified by Microsoft to provide real-time Enhanced 911 (E911) support for Microsoft Teams Dynamic Emergency Calling for Direct Routing, protecting workers and minimizing risk during crisis situations while helping enterprises meet state and federal E911 regulations.
- Mar 23, 2021 Microsoft Phone System Direct Routing enables you to connect your on-premises telephony infrastructure to Microsoft Teams. The article lists the high-level steps required for connecting a supported on-premises Session Border Controller (SBC) to Direct Routing, and how to configure Teams users to use Direct Routing to connect to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
The SIP failure an SBC will provide when it cannot route a call to an upstream peer (either SIP or T1/E1 related) varies with each vendor and reason for upstream failure. If a call from Teams reaches the SBC and the SBC has nowhere to send it, you must look at the SIP Call Ladder post-call to determine what failure is being sent back to Teams.
Italtel NetMatch-S is certified for Microsoft Teams Direct Routing
Italtel SBC is certified by Microsoft to support Direct Routing and provides PSTN interconnection through the SIP trunking functionality, enabling Microsoft Teams to be used as a normal office phone system.
Already certified for Microsoft Lync 2013, able to support Skype for Business 2015 and to connect to Skype for Business Online via Microsoft Cloud Connector integration, NetMatch-S qualifies as reliable and effective SBC to interoperate with Microsoft UCC (Unified Communication and Collaboration) systems.
Since Microsoft Teams runs on laptops, smartphones and tablets, NetMatch-S also supports the Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) approach, adopted by companies that choose Microsoft Teams to increase collaboration and productivity.
NetMatch-S as SBC for Direct Routing: features and benefits
As an SBC for Direct Routing, NetMatch-S provides the customer with the following benefits:
Security and Confidentiality on SIP trunk interconnection to Microsoft Teams customers: networks separation, prevention from Denial of Service attacks, traffic encryption, access control and VoIP firewall
Enhancement of previous customer investments: NetMatch-S allows the best integration of UCC platforms or IP-PBX systems already in-field at the customer, also facilitating the interworking between the Microsoft Teams audio conferencing bridges and participants from the Public Telephone Network, in both dial-in (PSTN user joining the Microsoft Teams audio bridge) and dial-out (Microsoft audio bridge calling PSTN user) scenarios
Business ContinuityGuarantee during the migration, in case of replacement of legacy VoIP systems towards a full adoption of Microsoft Teams by the Customer, using the advanced routing and Parallel Ringing features available on NetMatch-S, as well as Italtel’s twenty-year skills in the implementation of UCC solutions
Service Reliability, thanks to several performances to restore and ensure the operations continuity, such as geo-redundancy support, software platform high availability, re-routing and load balancing mechanisms, backup and restore procedures, automatic failure recovery in case of failure
Cost-effective solution: NetMatch-S provides a centralized service for all customer interconnections to the PSTN. Furthermore, Italtel proposes itself as a single point of contact: in addition to being an SBC vendor, Italtel is a Telco Solution Manager with considerable skills on VoIP networks and a proven experience in Network Design, migration support services and System Integration.
Flexible deployment: Data Center, Cloud, Appliance
Italtel Session Border Controller supports Direct Routing in both of the following scenarios: in Enterprise mode, where Microsoft Teams is dedicated to the single customer; in Hosting mode, when Microsoft Teams is a multi-tenant instance hosted by the Telco Service Provider.
In both scenarios, NetMatch-S can be offered as a virtualized or cloud-native solution in private (VMware, KVM) or public (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) environments or simply as an appliance.
The Italtel System Integration value
Italtel accompanies customers along the entire path of innovation and technological transformation, thanks to twenty years of experience in System Integration in the field of Unified Communication & Collaboration (UCC) solutions based on various vendors, including Microsoft and Cisco.
Teams Sbc Azure
In addition to developing cutting-edge technologies, Italtel offers its expertise in the implementation of UCC projects, tailoring them to the requirements and needs of the specific customer.
Italtel Professional Services
Italtel follows all the activation and maintenance phases of the new UC&C solution chosen by the customer, starting from the requirements analysis, continuing with the execution and the post-sales support:
- Implementation: Infrastructure Creation, Deployment services with Business Continuity guarantee also during the migration phase
- Operation and Optimization: Support Services, Incident Management, AMCD, Monitoring & Alerting, Data Management, Reporting, Advisory Services, Governance and Quality of Experience.
Italtel Network Operating Center (NOC)
With 3 operating sites in Italy, Spain and Brazil, Italtel NOC offers 24×7 support in Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and English.
A twenty-year Success Story!
Italtel, starting from the first VoIP projects in the early 2000s, has implemented several Business Voice Solutions, including the recent one for an important Italian bank with global distributed premises. Italtel has deployed an UCC solution for 55,000 users and 3,000 sites in a multivendor context including Microsoft, Cisco and Italtel SBC NetMatch-S, which provides Microsoft PBX with PSTN routing and enables Skype for Business to interoperate with Cisco telephony systems
Sbcnews.co.ukSBC Strengthens Team With Four New Appointments2 Weeks Ago
Italtel NetMatch-S in a nutshell
- NetMatch-S is a certified SBC for Microsoft Teams Direct Routing
- Interoperable with several VoIP systems, as Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya, Mitel…
- Flexible deployment: as an appliance, in Data Center and in public or private cloud
- Italtel is both a Technology Vendor and a System Integrator
- Business Continuity Guarantee
- Enhancement of previous customer investments
- Cost-effective solution.