Starz is a premium American cable and streaming channel, broadcasting Lionsgate’s movie library and original programming. As of last year, Starz has a total of 26.5 million subscribers, both internationally and domestically.
Cancel Starz subscription manually
Amazon’s Fire devices will allow you to subscribe to various other services like Netflix, Hulu, Starz, Discovery Plus, Disney +, and more for all your media consumption needs. But what happens if you wish to remove a live channel from your Amazon Prime account. Let’s see how to cancel Starz subscription on Amazon Prime.
- Forgot your username or password? © Copyright IBM Corp. 2012, 2015, Copyright (C) 1991, 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc., Credits and notices (v184.108.40.206107).
- If you used Amazon, for instance, you'll have to log into Amazon and head to Memberships & Subscriptions to find your Starz cancellation option. On Roku, you'll be looking for the Manage Your.
- HBO rival Starz has launched its streaming app on the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV stick, but if you're a Comcast subscriber, you're still out of luck. Amazon users can sign up for a $8.99 Starz.
- Amazon Prime Members can score a Starz Prime Channel subscription for only $0.99/mo. For the first 3 months when you sign up by Jan. The regular price is $8.99/mo and you can cancel at anytime.
If you want to cancel your Starz subscription, you can do it in several ways—online, email, and phone. Depending on how you subscribed for the service in the first place, you can cancel the subscription directly through Starz or through a third party company.
Canceling Starz online
Here is how to cancel Starz from the website in your web browser:
- Open the Starz website in your web browser.
- Choose “Have Starz.”
- Choose “Starz streaming.”
- Log in to your account.
- In the upper-right corner, select Settings.
- Click on “Subscription.”
- Click on “Cancel my subscription.”
- Follow the steps to finish your cancelation.
Canceling Starz from a smart device
- Go to the Starz website from a web browser on your smartphone or tablet.
- If you use an Android device: go to the three dots in the upper-right corner of the browser and tap on “Request desktop.”
- If you’re using an Apple device: in the address bar, hold the refresh icon and then tap on the option “Request desktop site.”
- When the desktop website opens, go to the three lines on the left side and tap on “Log In.”
- Enter the email address linked to your Starz account.
- Tap on “Log in with Starz.”
- Type in your password and select “Log In.”
- In your primary profile, go to Settings on the upper-right side.
- Select “Subscription.”
- Select “Cancel” located at the bottom.
- Follow the steps to complete canceling your account.
Canceling Starz through a third-party company
If you are wondering how to cancel Starz on Amazon, Google, Apple, Roku, cable provider, and other distributors, you will have to do it directly from your accounts on these platforms or contact their customer service reps. You can also consult the Starz FAQ section for help.
Canceling Starz over the phone
Starz offers live phone support available 24/7 at 1-855-247-9175.
Canceling Starz by email
If you want to cancel the Starz subscription by email, you will have to fill out the form on the “Contact us” page on the website. You can also try writing directly to [email protected]
Cancel a Starz subscription with the DoNotPay app
Canceling Starz manually can take a while, so why not make things easier for you? Let DoNotPay help you cancel Starz or any other subscription service. It will take less than two minutes and only the following three steps:
- Load DoNotPay in your web browser.
- Go to “Find Hidden Money.”
- Enter “Starz” as the service you want to cancel.
You will receive an email when your Starz subscription is canceled.
|Can you cancel with||Yes / No|
Will Starz let you pause your subscription instead of canceling?
No. You can only cancel your Starz subscription and then re-apply if you want to use it again.
Is Starz free trial going to auto-renew into a paid subscription?
Yes, it will. Unless you cancel Starz before the free trial is over, your credit card will be charged for the monthly subscription.
DoNotPay’s virtual credit card stops a service from charging you after the free trial
With so many subscription services out there, it’s easy to forget about some of them. Because of this, you can end up paying for unwanted services for months before you notice. This expensive mishap is easily taken care of with DoNotPay’s virtual credit card. Instead of entering your credit card number, you will leave the DNP virtual credit card with the subscription services. They won’t know the difference, and when the free trial is over, a subscription service won’t be able to charge you.
DoNotPay can monitor all your subscriptions
An average American household spends over $200 on monthly subscriptions without even knowing what exactly that money is for. With so many subscription services, it’s easy to forget what free trial you applied for and where. The DoNotPay app is an excellent budget tracking tool, helping you identify subscriptions you don’t use, but still pay for. Link our app to your email or bank account, and it will find the subscriptions silently draining your budget and help you cancel them.
Does Starz prorate their cancelations?
The best alternatives to Starz
|HBO Go||$14.99 per month|
|Epix||$5.99 per month|
Potential problems when canceling a Starz subscription
The most common complaints by the customers pertained to charges on the credit card after the subscription was canceled. Starz is offering several options to get in touch with their customer support, Twitter being the most popular, but that sometimes takes too long. Contacting the company over the phone is even worse, as waiting to talk to the customer service rep alone can take up to 40 minutes! To avoid this inconvenience, the DoNotPay app can call customer service for you and save you the trouble of being put on hold.
Is Starz causing you problems? DoNotPay can help you sue them
If Starz continued to charge you even after you canceled the subscription or breached your contract in any other way, you have options to resolve this unfortunate situation. After trying to reason with the customer service raps fails, it’s time to go for a different approach. The DoNotPay app can help you take the issue to a small claims court and prepare your case against Starz. Our robot lawyer is the first of its kind in the world and recipient of the ABA Louis M. Brown Award. You don’t need to pay for expensive legal services when you have DoNotPay on your side.
DoNotPay helps you to manage and cancel all of your subscriptions with a click of a button.
Starz Login With Amazon Prime
Frustrated with paying for subscriptions you don’t even use? You’re not alone. DoNotPay allows you to manage and cancel all of your subscriptions and memberships, saving you time and money! Here are just a few more subscriptions we’ve helped our users cancel:
DoNotPay Protects Your Privacy and Finances
Sharing your credit card details online comes with certain risks, and it’s getting more difficult to tell good and bad websites apart. With DoNotPay’s virtual credit card generator, you will be able to protect your identity and bank account from cyber scammers.
Starz Account Amazon Prime
Whenever you run into a suspicious email or website, generate a virtual credit card and proceed without worries. Our virtual cards also work like a charm if you want to avoid automatic payments after free trials.
What else can DoNotPay help me with?
Canceling Starz subscription is only one of the things the DoNotPay app can do for you. Take a look at what else DoNotPay can help you with:
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Disputing traffic tickets
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Heads up, movie lovers! You can get a fun deal on a subsciption to Starz with Amazon Prime. Head over to Amazon where Prime Members can add a Starz 3-Month Subscription for just 99¢ per month!
If you decide it’s something you want to keep, you will pay $8.99 a month after three months. However, you can cancel at any time.
Not a Prime member? Not a problem! You can sign up for a free 30-day trial!
This deal is for a limited time.
See more entertainment deals.